Conference Theme & Learning Arcs
The 2022 National Breastfeeding Conference & Convening (NBCC) will be held Tuesday, June 7, to Thursday, June 9. The theme for this online conference is Pathfinders: Honoring Lactation Wisdom and Nurturing Innovation.
The NBCC brings together a diverse set of clinical, community, advocacy, and research professionals who recognize the public health importance of breastfeeding as critical for reducing the burden of infant morbidity and mortality, childhood and adolescent overweight, obesity, and chronic disease, and maternal type 2 diabetes and maternal breast and ovarian cancers. The convening is designed to develop and strengthen the leadership capacity of the public health workforce, including representatives from direct service organizations, breastfeeding coalitions, hospitals and healthcare facilities, health departments, research institutions, and federal agencies to effectively protect, promote, and support breastfeeding at the national, state, local, and community levels.
Conference Learning Arcs and Objectives
Decolonizing Lactation to Amplify Voices, Validate Experiences, Celebrate Stories, and Meet Needs of Historically Marginalized Populations
Partnering with Public Health to Fund Programming and Advance Lactation Equity
Demanding Policy, Systems, and Environmental Changes to Realize our Vision of Thriving Families and Communities
Call for Proposals questions? E-mail the USBC Conference Team
- Name two ways to honor the lactation wisdom intrinsic to the families and communities we serve.
- Identify three strategies to nurture innovation in the First Food field.
- List three methods to champion Policy, System, or Environmental (PSE) changes that reach those who have been historically marginalized, no matter their social identifiers, neurological differences, or physical abilities.
- Describe two approaches to advance lactation equity, through partnership with the broader public health community, including state and local health departments, think tanks, universities, public health institutes, researchers, evaluators, data visualizers, etc.
Whether you have spoken at the USBC Conference in the past or are new to the scene, we want to ensure you have everything you need to create and deliver a successful educational session at NBCC 2022. We encourage you to use the following resources as you consider submitting a session for the upcoming conference.
- Writing a Winning Proposal for the 2022 NBCC: Tips for a creating a strong submission!
- 2022 Proposal Scoring Rubric
- Submission Tutorial: A brief video on how to navigate through the proposal system.
- Downloadable submission form (For reference or drafting ONLY)
Our overwhelming reliance on virtual forms of engagement during the COVID-19 pandemic revealed stark inequities in broadband technology access. The USBC Conference Program Committee commits to provide equitable opportunities for anyone to present at the 2022 National Breastfeeding Conference & Convening. Proposal authors, please share your technology and broadband capacity and needs within the submission form, so we can ensure that necessary resources are available.